Despite Friday’s rebound, this was a bad week for the U.S. stock market.
Cannabis stocks followed a very different trajectory, with the United States Marijuana Index, which tracks 15 of the largest marijuana stocks in the U.S., posting a loss of 2.34 percent Friday, but still closing the week up 4.2 percent. The North American Marijuana Index, which also includes Canadian stocks, gained 2.1 percent this week.
The Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF (OTC: HMLSF) gained 24.7 percent over the last five days, while the ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF (NYSE: MJX) rose 5.8 percent.
Here are some of the top marijuana stocks in U.S. exchanges and how the performed this week:
- 22nd Century Group Inc (NYSE: XXII): down 0.37 percent
- Aphria Inc (OTC: APHQF): up 27.8 percent
- Aurora Cannabis Inc (OTC: ACBFF): up 32.2 percent
- Cannabis Sativa Inc (OTC: CBDS): down 11.75 percent
- CannTrust Holdings Inc (OTC: CNTTF): up 2.15 percent
- Canopy Growth Corp (OTC: TWMJF):…